That Span Many Years and Carry Over Into Generations.
Business Formation Services
A key element to success of a new business is proper business planning and formation. LEHRLAW provides comprehensive planning and implementation throughout this crucial process. We apply the same approach to the purchase of an existing business or the sale of a business. We advise and assist clients in all aspects of their business startup and formation process including issues related to selection of entity type and jurisdiction. Tax considerations are addressed for the commencement of a venture with consideration of what the owners see as the future of their business.
Areas of focus include:
- Corporation formation (C Corps and S Corps)
- Limited liability company (LLC) formation
- Partnership formation (including LLP)
- Stock purchases
- Asset purchases
- Joint ventures
We also consult with business owners and implement shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and operating agreements as part of the entity formation process. Having proper organizational and contract documents in place for each business is critical for the business owners and the future governance (and ownership) of their business. This critical aspect of business documentation is integrally related to the estate planning and business succession planning areas. Contracts for each business are also addressed to provide maximum legal protection to our clients in all of their business dealings.
Buying and Selling Businesses
Our firm guides business owners in the multi-stage process of buying or selling a business including:
- Advising on the structure of the transaction
- Negotiation of terms and drafting of the deal memorandum/contracts
- Advising sellers on legal strategies to address issues raised during the due diligence process and tax planning
- Advising buyers on conducting legal due diligence
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the extensive documentation involved in a business transaction, such as asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, security agreements, employments agreements, consulting agreements and otherwise
We have acted as counsel to many business owners through the years in a multitude of industries. Experience as counsel to commercial banks helps our attorneys guide our clients through their dealings with banks or other lenders. Each deal is given close attention to assure that the clients’ objectives are met.
Preparation and Review of Business Contracts
Our firm consults with business owners to draft, review, and negotiate contracts related to various business activities, including:
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Service contracts
- Releases and Waivers
- Property Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Operating Agreements
- Employment/Severance Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Consulting Agreements
- All Contract Matters
This area of law is indicative of the services provided by the firm. We seek to avoid difficulties or litigation through the use of comprehensive planning and well drafted contracts. Clients are advised and assisted in the implementation of proper documentation to avoid difficulties and reduce risks that could affect their business and personal lives.
- 1 Experienced Attorneys
- 2 Attentive Service
- 3 Explore Your Legal Options
Fill out the contact form or call us at (973) 575-8002 to schedule your consultation.